Laser Skin Rejuvenation (or BBL Photofacial) is an alternative or supplement to injectable treatments such as Botox, Dermal Fillers, and more invasive procedures such as Microneedling and Chemical Peels. It is similar to Laser Resurfacing and even performs ablative techniques (removing surface layers), but the two treatments differ in the following ways:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing provides long-lasting solutions to skin problems and is a more involved, invasive procedure. There is more likely to be pain and recovery time involved in Resurfacing.
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation achieves similar results with additional benefits but is less invasive and has fewer risks– and usually, no downtime is required! But the results are not as long-lasting.
- Laser Rejuvenation works best when integrated into a complete skin health regimen – this could include diet, exercise, stress reduction, managing sun exposure, and your selection of beauty products.
Non-Ablative Photo Rejuvenation (BBL Photofacial):
Non-ablative laser skin rejuvenation uses Broadband light (BBL), a high-intensity form of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). The BBL is carefully calibrated, pulsed light energy that reaches the deeper layers of the skin, where it breaks down excess pigment, such as acne scars and freckles. Non-ablative BBL also stimulates new collagen growth.
What Skin Problems Does Laser Skin Rejuvenation Treat?
Laser Skin Rejuvenation can be used to improve many skin conditions, including the following:
- Fine lines or wrinkles around or under your eyes, forehead, or mouth
- Scars from acne or chickenpox
- Sun-damaged skin
- Liver spots
- Non-responsive skin after a facelift
- Minor facial flaws
- Enlarged oil glands on the nose
What To Expect from Laser Rejuvenation Treatment
BBL Photofacial patients typically experience temporary redness and sometimes even mild swelling immediately after their procedure, and some targeted spots may get darker before they fade. These side effects are short-lasting.
Your specific treatment will depend upon your personal needs and appearance goals, as well as the recommendations of the professional at Amenity Day Spa.
Benefits Of Laser Skin Rejuvenation:
Following the procedure, it will not be long before you begin to notice the benefits of the treatment:
- Younger-looking, healthier skin
- Smoothed-out wrinkles and fine lines
- Less visible signs of acne scarring, liver and age spots
- Improved skin tone and texture
- Reduced pore sizes
How Many BBL Photofacial Treatments Are Needed?
Most patients receive 4-6 sessions and rarely require more than 8. You can expect to see results after 3-6 sessions.
Get Started Now!
Whatever your skin issues or appearance goals, the best thing to do next is to speak to a qualified practitioner. Schedule a consultation with Amenity Day Spa today!