The Perfect 10 Peel is a non-invasive and non-surgical skincare treatment that exfoliates the skin (removes top layers). This treatment refreshes your skin and results in a uniquely radiant appearance.
The Perfect 10 Peel contains these ingredients:
- Salicylic acid
- Lactic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Pyruvic acid
- Tartaric acid
- Mandelic acid
The Perfect 10 Peel can be complemented with an additional, in-office application of a retinol serum following the peel procedure. This combination boosts exfoliation and can get dramatic results.
Who Is The Perfect 10 Peel For?
Anyone, man or woman, who wishes to correct existing skin problems – such as aging skin, sun damage, and discoloration – or to prevent further damage to their skin is a candidate for the Perfect 10 Peel.
Varying chemical “strengths” (Mild, Medium, and Deep) allow the Perfect 10 Peel to be performed on most skin types and colors, including people with sensitive skin.
Who Should Not Have the Perfect 10 Peel?
Although most people will have successful results with the Perfect 10 Peel, if any of the below items apply to you, you should not go through with the treatment. You will want to let a qualified staff member at Amenity Day Spa know if you can say yes to any of the following:
- Patients who are pregnant
- Nursing mothers
- Patients with rosacea
- Patients with Atopic dermatitis
- Patients with connective tissue diseases, such as Scleroderma
- Patients with active inflammatory acne
- Patients with active viral infections
- Patients who have had recent surgery or invasive procedures in the area to be peeled
- Patients who have previously not tolerated topical retinoids, alpha or beta hydroxy acid products are not candidates for the Perfect 10 Peel
- Patients undergoing radiation and or chemotherapy treatments should wait until they have healed
How Is A Perfect 10 Peel Performed?
The Perfect 10 Peel is a three-step process.
- The treatment usually begins with removing makeup and cleansing the skin.
- Next, the chemical peel is applied to the skin, removing dead skin cells and unclogging pores through exfoliation. This part of the treatment usually lasts 3-5 minutes.
- Finally, another chemical solution is delivered to the skin to neutralize the first chemical solution, help it heal, and target specific problems. This part of the treatment lasts at least 5 minutes.
How Do I Prepare For A Perfect 10 Peel?
It is essential to discontinue the use of retinol and products with retinol (Vitamin-A extraction used to unclog pores), AHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acid), and BHA’s (Beta Hydroxy Acid) at least one week before your treatment.
How Many Treatment Sessions Should You Get?
Most individuals benefit from a series of two or more Perfect 10 Peels, performed every 2-4 weeks, depending on your progress and desired outcome.
Post-Treatment And Risks
Perfect 10 Peel requires no downtime, and you are free to resume normal activities right away – however, many choose not to go in public 4-5 days after their treatment. You will also want to avoid direct sunlight until your skin has healed.
Here are a few things you can expect:
- Immediately following your treatment, your skin will appear pink for about a day – tightening and peeling will begin within 48 hours.
- Expect up to 10 days of skin recovery and peeling.
- As your skin continues to heal, it may resemble mild sunburn for about a week. During this time, it’s essential to stay hydrated and not pick at the drying skin.
- A tight feeling of the skin for 2-3 days
- Peeling or flaking of the skin starting 2-3 days following the peel, which can continue up to 7-10 days
- Swelling, particularly around the eyes
- Dryness and itching of the skin
There is always a potential for complications with chemical peels. Pay careful attention to any instructions you are given before treatment. Contact your practitioner immediately if any of the following occur:
- Skin infection (pus, oozing, fever)
- Cold sore on the lips or any other portion of the peeled area (a cold sore can spread if not cared for immediately)
- Irritation, acne, or allergic reaction
- Wind or sun sensitivity
- Scarring or keloids (thick, bumpy, raised scars)
- Uneven skin pigmentation, which does not blend with normal skin after healing from treatment
- Erythema (abnormal redness of the skin or mucous membranes) or swelling
Post-treatment discomfort may be relieved by over-the-counter medicines such as Tylenol and Advil. Consult with your practitioner for guidance.
What Are The Benefits?
The Perfect 10 Peel:
- Delivers a youthful, radiant look
- Improves the overall health of your skin
- Diminishes wrinkles and fine lines
- Visibly improves many skin conditions
- Achieves improved skin tone
- Provides smoother and softer skin
How Do I Get A Perfect 10 Peel?
Schedule a consultation with Amenity Day Spa to find out if the Perfect 10 Skin Peel is right for you!