Maintaining a healthy, youthful appearance is a serious concern for many people, regardless of their age. The face is especially vulnerable to the effects of exposure to sunlight and weather – illness, stress and lifestyle can also negatively affect your appearance.
Laser Skin Resurfacing removes superficial layers of skin, the process stimulates the formation of new collagen fibers and that results in smoother, tighter, healthier skin. It is a popular and effective treatment to improve many skin conditions including:
- Wrinkles or Fine Lines around or under the eyes (Crow’s feet), forehead and mouth
- Age or “liver” spots
- Scarring including Chickenpox and Acne Scars
- Sagging Skin
- Uneven Skin Pigmentation
- Enlarged Oil Glands
- Sun-exposure damage
- Issues arising from previous plastic surgery
Who Shouldn’t Get Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser Skin Resurfacing is for almost anyone. There are some exceptions and if you are experiencing any of these, you should let your licensed laser technician know before booking a series of laser skin resurfacing treatments.
- Active acne
- Active sunburn
- Pregnant mothers
- Anyone on Accutane
If you’re unsure if your skin condition would disqualify you from laser skin resurfacing, other recommendations could be made for you.
HALO Laser for Skin Resurfacing
Amenity Day Spa uses the HALO laser, a hybrid system that combines both ablative and non-ablative technology. Ablative reatment targets the top layer of skin and non-ablative focuses on underlying layers.
The combination of technologies in the HALO system allows for the widest array of treatments and the least amount of post-op downtime for the patient compared to other laser skin resurfacing treatments.
How HALO Skin Resurfacing Treatments Works
First, a topical anesthetic is applied and the HALO handpiece is applied to the treatment area. The ablative and non-ablative wavelengths target the skins concerns on multiple levels, triggering your skin’s natural healing response to respond. The treatment time takes approximately 15-30 minutes, with total recovery time of 60 minutes. You may experience 3-5 days of downtime, yet in one week you should see noticeable results. And in most cases only 1-2 HALO treatments are needed to improve the skin issues you’re experiencing.
How Do I Prepare for Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments?
Once you have decided on Laser Resurfacing you may be asked to do several or all of the following things prior to your appointment:
- Stop smoking (smoking can adversely affect the healing process)
- Speak with your technician previous to your laser skin resurfacing treatment regarding medications you’re taking.
- Stop taking topical skin-care products (some ingredients may increase the risk of complications)
- Arrive freshly showered or bathed with completely clean skin – no lotions, oils, creams or fragrances
- It might be recommended that you shave the treatment area prior to your appointment
- You may be asked to avoid exposure to natural and artificial UV rays for up to two weeks prior to treatment and to use a broad-spectrum sunblock – with an SPF of 30 or above – on a daily basis, regardless of the weather
- To apply a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas in the days prior to treatment
- Skip BOTOX® and dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least two weeks before laser skin tightening
Where Can I Get Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment?
Call 703-726-8100 to schedule a consultation with Amenity Day Spa. Our qualified staff will answer all of your questions and make sure you have all the information you need to get started on the laser skin resurfacing process.