Step 1 of 2
Venus Legacy is a non-surgical radio frequency, pulsed electromagnetic and Varipulse device designed to tighten the skin, smooth cellulite, reduce circumference and soften wrinkles. The device delivers radio frequency and pulsed electromagnetic energy targeted at the tissue designed to damage the existing collagen and stimulating the healing response in the body. Once the collagen and stimulating the healing response in the body. Once the collagen has been damaged, the body begins to repair the collagen by replacing the damaged collagen with new collagen. The radio frequency also stimulates the body to produce new fibroblasts, the “houses” that create collagen thus increasing the amount of collagen in the tissue. This wound healing response creates a smoother appearance to the skin, plumps up fine lines and wrinkles as well as treats acne and reduces the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks. Pulsed electromagnetic fields increase the vascularity of the skin and create new pathways for the blood to flow. This increase in blood will provide more oxygen to the skin and bring more nutrients to the tissue. A more youthful and fresh glow is common after treatments.
Every cosmetic procedure involves a very small degree of risk and, although exceedingly uncommon, it is important that you understand and accept the rare risks involved with the Venus Legacy. An individual’s informed decision to undergo any cosmetic procedure is based upon a comparison of the risks against the potential benefits, alternatives and costs.
Although the vast majority of Venus Legacy patients never experience any of these complications, you should discuss each of them with your technician to ensure you fully understand the alternatives, risks, potential complications and average outcomes of the Venus Legacy treatments.
Blisters – in rare cases blister may occur as a result of the treatment. In this instance, inform Amenity Day Spa at the treatment of the blister for Hyper or Hypo-pigmentation – in very rare cases a patient may experience changes in their skin color which may or which may not be permanent.
Swelling – edema, swelling of the skin, is common and will resolve in a few days. Edema may occur as early as immediately post treatment and as late as a few days post treatment. It is advised to seek a consultation and follow up appointment.
There are many variable conditions, in addition to risks and potential complications listed above, that may influence the long-term result from the Venus Legacy. Even though risks and complications can occur infrequently, the risk cited in this booklet are particularly associated with the Venus Legacy. Other complications and risks can occur but are even less common. Should complications occur, additional procedures or treatments may be necessary. The practice of medicine and surgery is not an exact science. Although good results are expected, there is no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, as to the results that may be obtained. Infrequently, it is necessary to perform additional treatment to improve your results.
Female patients must not be pregnant nor wishing to become pregnant for the duration of the treatment program. A reliable method of birth control is required, this includes the BCP, diaphragm, condom, IUD and abstinence. The effects on a pregnant patient or fetus undergoing this procedure have not been studied and are unknown.
2. I recognize that during the course of the procedure/treatment unforeseen conditions may necessitate different procedures than those above. I therefore authorize the above physician and/or assistants or designees to perform such other procedures that are in the exercise of his or her professional judgement necessary and desirable. The authority granted under this paragraph shall include all conditions that require treatment and are not known to my physician at the time the procedure is begun.
3. As part of the requirements of the Amenity Day Spa, my chart may be subject to a peer review for quality control.
4. I acknowledge that no guarantee has been given by anyone as to the results that may be obtained.
5. I consent to the photographing or televising of the procedure(s) to be performed, including appropriate portions of my body, for medical, scientific or educational purposes, provided they do not reveal my identity. These photographs and videos may be used for medical meetings, advertising, or any promotional or public relations purposes.
6. For purposes of advancing medical education, I consent to the admittance of observers to the treatment room.
7. I understand that the signature of the witness (if a non-physician) on this document indicates only that the signing of my name has been observed and not that the witness has necessarily provided information regarding the procedure.